Laudato Si - there is much wisdom and food for thought after all.

One of the great disappointments for me was the way that this Encyclical was introduced by the Media.  It was very misleading.    I resent being called a 'denier' linking me with 'deniers of the Holocaust', and so I focussed on what the media found in the document which was an agreement on Global Warming.   I now find that this was a very small section of the whole Encyclical and what the Pope was trying to do was focus attention on the deprivations of the poor and the lack of interest by the developing world.    The encyclical could have done without Global Warming and its doubtful science and it would have been a very challenging document.     Even in Catholic Circles there is the overemphasis on this very small part of the Encyclical.    Having read that party I am now reading through it and find there is indeed great wisdom and food for thought.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'