A Vision.

 And I found myself in a large Cathedral.  At the back of the altar there were twelve chairs and the last chair on both sides were turned at right angles to the other chairs.   I asked the priests sitting on them "Where is Jesus, the Lord my God, that I may kneel and worship Him?".   And they answered "But why worship Jesus, worship our God instead"   Next to the Altar I found a chapel and indeed there was in a Tabernacle, Jesus my Lord and God.  But the chapel was bare, there were not chairs on which to sit, nor any kneelers on which to kneel, and I was too old to kneel on the stone cold floor, for I could never have stood up again.    Then I heard the voices from the chairs,  "But why worship Jesus, worship our God instead"   I made my way to a Church, where I was sure I would find Jesus, the Lord my God.   But as I knelt in front of the altar, I looked up and I could not see Jesus, the Lord My God.   I asked a priest "Where have they taken my Lord?"   "See", the priest replied "He is in that far corner"   "But should he not be in the place where he was sacrificed?" I asked..   And from the Cathedral altar I heard those voices again, "But why worship Jesus, worship our God instead"   And the two priests in the right angled chairs stretched out their hands to clutch me.    Then I went to another Church and I knelt before the Altar.   But when I looked up, again I could not see the Tabernacle containing Jesus, my Lord and God.   I asked another priest "Where is Jesus, My Lord and God?"  The priest pointed to the altar "See, there is a safe.   It contains many hosts that will be distributed as Holy Communion at the next Mass.  "But I want to adore Jesus, my Lord and God" I replied.   "Well" the priest replied "there are times, when due to the demands of the faithful, one host can be adored, and I will find out the times for you"    Again I heard the voices from the Cathedral chairs "But why worship Jesus, worship our God instead"   And I saw in the centre chair a priest wearing a mitre, who smiled at me.   "If we remove Jesus from your sight, we will remove him from your heart".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'