A Blog from 14th February, 2014.

I have just discovered that this blog I started in 2018, has been joined to a blog I started such as long time ago.   I do not know why but I have been entertained by what I wrote.    It will take a long time to get back to the beginning of this first blog.   Here is one post.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  The latest edition of the Portsmouth People has a very curious letter from someone who had attended a meeting somewhere and at the meeting had had a row with the speaker. Apparently he contradicted the speaker on matters of the Catholic Faith. The speaker was so annoyed for she was one who had had difficulties with some of the Church's teaching and was now happy that Vatican II had given her this 'New' Church where she could exercise `her conscience`.  So she has the Church she wants, but what she failed to grasp is that her Church was not the Church the dissenter wanted. It would be wonderful to go along with the idea that everyone 'loves` one another, so there is not need to quarrel. The trouble is that we can only have one kind of Church, built on One Faith, which supresses the Faith of other people. Call me a traditional then and let me practice my Faith in the Portsmouth Diocese. "But we give you your freedom" will come the cry, "We are tolerant of all Faiths, we are ecumenical". Good, let Roman Catholics have Saturday morning Mass and Confession again. "Sorry,  it s a busy morning". "Let me have Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every week in my parish". "Sorry, not enough people attend" "Then during the First Communion program teach the children about the Real Presence and how to adore Jesus in the Sacrament". "Sorry, they are too young to understand" But I do not understand either it is a mystery". "Can my child kneel and receive Communion on the tongue?" "No, no, Communion is an act of the Community. And as for adoration, the host is only meant to be eaten"   Even in the Cathedral until recently the Blessed Sacrament was reserved but there were no kneelers nor chairs to use, you had to stand or kneel on a stone cold floor   Standing is a sign of respect". Is it? "Yes, we all go in procession together in community and receive in the hand as they did in he early church, as we know from St Justin" But you did not say that it was Bishop John, an  Arian quoting Justin as saying it, even the Orthodox retained the practice of not holding Communion in the bare hands. "Now who do you think you are, we have it from Father and scholars and experts".  "Look all I ask is to be able to kneel comfortably for Holy Communion. "Look we appointed people who have 'moved forward' to run the parishes, why do you not do what the other parishioners do and keep your mouth shut"   "I apologise, it is just that I am a Roman Catholic".

Now that was quite a post.    Sometimes I call myself controversial, but looing back I was standing up for my faith and defending the Blessed Sacrament.   What I said was Truth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'