ON THE INDEPENDENT ENQUIRY INTO CHILD ABUSE

As an independent writer, I have some freedom to say what I want, whether agreeable or non agreeable to others.    Nevertheless I write as one faithful to the Catholic Faith and the hierarchy.   But I have a great involvement in politics and feel that I must encourage the Independent Enquiry into Child Sex Abuse to continue its enquiries with the same thorough relentlessness as it it did  into the Catholic Church.  As readers know, this enquiry was a response to the abuse of children in the care of Social Services in Rotherham and other Northern cities.    So far it has examined the Moslem Faith, the Church of England, and the Catholic Church.    I found it very interesting that it went back to 1970 to begin its enquires, raising a figure of over 100 abuse cases a month.     Now I am not complaining about this, but I believe that I and very many others, who looked at those events in Rotherham, expect the same level of efficiency when examining Social Services, that is, it should begin in 1970, and give us a comparison to the other three institutions I have mentioned.      The victims of abuse, not only recently in Rotherham but in the years since 1970, demand no less justice.   I therefore look forward to the enquiry doing a very thorough examination.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'