On Fraud and Trump.

 My Facebook page has not yet appeared again so I remain some kind of public enemy.   But let me defend myself.   There are many allegations of fraud being made but I cannot confirm their truth or falsity, and I will not jump on an allegation simply because it comes from a Catholic source.   To be wrong would defeat my purpose in writing.  No, I did put forward a report which was backed with substance, the sudden jump via a straight line to thousands of more Democrat votes.   It needed explanation.   I have avoided the other allegations which may be true or false which I have not come across and could verify.     

But let me say that I do not think Donald Trump is handling himself very well.   He is repeatedly making claims of fraud and although I do not think he should have to name them until he gets to court, he is not behaving very well, and is crying wolf.   His repetition is giving his enemies a field day.   The BBC News which I listen to, returns to his allegations at least once every quarter of an hour, rubbishing him in their own way.    What we needed in the circumstances was someone with the wile of a politician, who speaks only at the right time, and in the right circumstances.   But one thing we have always known, Trump is not a politician.     He means well, but frequently behaves badly, when under pressure.    Faithful Christians love him for his defence of Christian values against the new Order of chaos and persecution which the Democrats will bring, but we need a leader in politics with much more skill.   Perhaps someone like Pence his would be vice President.   

But Trump did put some heart into Christians as he defended their corner on abortion, marriage, and persecution.      The Christian vote showed up well but there is now one thing Christians can do.   They need to start working with one another, perhaps form a political alliance or party.   One thing I heard that gave e heart was that some hundred demonstrators for Trump had turned up at a polling station, but they did not shout or parade slogans, they just knelt down and prayed.       That is what we need.    Peaceful resistance.   These thoughts I would have shared on my Facebook but perhaps it is fitting that they should be on a Catholic Blog.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'