What is Really Behind the Housing Shortage.

 In my last blog I was drawing attention to how the whole issue of poverty was defined in political terms and the real issue of the destruction of marriage and relationships was ignored.   I will now turn to another issue which again is politicised and the social factors underlying it go unnoticed,

I was once a Councillor.   I remember I was appointed to the Housing Committee and at my very first meeting found myself in trouble by asking the wrong question, something not unusual in my life.   A figure was brought forward about couples and single parents with children, who were priority for housing.   It was about 400.   Quite innocently I asked if this figure could be broken down into how many couples and how many single parents.   Well to say there was anger around the room was putting it mildly.   The Director of Housing replied in a fluster "Well, I have never been asked that question before"    Another Councillor shouted "Look it up in he Library".   I am sure that after the meeting my party leader would have been told off for not telling me that there are questions you should not ask,  and it is by such secrecy the truth about the housing shortage has been maintained to the present day.

The truth is that if Jack and Jill get married and are paying a high rent in the private sector if they apply for social housing they are not priority at any time and will have a long wait, while single mothers, abused women and families, who have to be in a shelter away from their husbands, marriage breakdown leaving both the man and the woman without a home to be housed separately, all have that  priority status.   Then there is the immigrant question where every council is pledged to give housing to refugees.

Now I must state that I honestly  have no quarrel with anyone in the categories quoted, who find themselves in these desperate situations.   I would be the first to help if I could.  But when someone is waiting for a house and they are directed to blame the 'sale of rented houses', or the Government is not producing enough money, or the Government is refusing to build houses, all the political crap rather than focus on the real cause which is the breakdown in relationships between men and women, and the refusal to recognise that a child needs a father and a mother and that is something we should be striving to protect rather than be proud of the freedom of sex the sexual revolution brought.   The situation only gets worse.

That is when I bring Jesus Christ into the situation.   He was the Way, the Truth, and the Life.   He suggested if we follow his commandments then His Kingdom would reign.   Fathers would love mothers, children would love their parents and be secure in their parents love for one another, chldren would not be broken in their hearts by divorce, and women would not be used and abused then cast aside as worthless.    That is the world that I believe in.   Thy Kingdom Come    

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'