Abortion and Anger.

 This is a post I find difficult.   Should I blast in with condemnation and judgmentalism, and call the people who passed this legislation in the European Parliament Nazis, Murderers, Scum, and all the harsh words I can think of to put them down.   There was a time I would have, but looking back on my early days when abortion was being passed in the UK Parliament and feeling anger, why in the Catholic Church was there so little response from the clergy.   Then when the assurance that there would be no abortion on demand, was made a mockery of by doctors seeking to earn a fortune, and women who for their own reasons, and I will not judge, brought into being just that 'abortion on demand', I set myself up in SPUC and spoke from the pulpit on the subject to raise funds, I did receive about £400 from each Church I spoke in, so the ordinary Catholic recognised the horror, though there was an occasion when one of the 'angry minority' spoke up in objection. 

What happened in the EU Parliament this week was that a decision was made that having an abortion was a human right.   The EU had decided that a baby in the womb was just a piece of rubbish which a woman could keep or dispose of as she wished, it was her 'human right' and of course a piece of rubbish had no rights whatsoever.    At least Hitler did not bother about human rights when killing Jews, he just slaughtered them which made him more honest than those who passed this bill, who believed that their action would somehow empower women.    Do they really think that this will make it easier to pass abortion in Poland and Hungary?   It is more likely to bring the EU crashing down.

Meanwhile in America there is very much a pro-life stance being taken by the bishops against Joe Biden who boasts that he is a Good Catholic while passing into law a bill that would allow abortion up to birth.   Both he and Nancy Pelosi pride themselves in taking Holy Communion for after all they only support abortion as Politicians and not Catholics.   Can you really justify the killing of the babies in this way?   "Well I would save your life if it was just me as a Catholic, but my role as a politician comes first, I hope you understand".    Of course, Joe, what a heavy cross you carry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'