The Horror behind the Housing Shortage.

 I was once a Councillor in my local Council.   I remember when I was first elected I was appointed to Housing and got myself into trouble.   The Housing Director furnished us all with statistics for the past month.    Trying to catch the eye as a newcomer I asked quite innocently "You state here that the number of couples and single parents with children seeking homes is 460 (I cannot remember the exact number), could you break that down.   How many couples and how many single parents"   The Director nearly dropped off his chair.  "I have never been asked that before, in a very offended way",    "Look it up in the library" another distressed councillor shouted.    I was going to answer that no one had told me that there were questions you must not ask, but this would have caused further offense.    Some things are left best alone.   Of course it is understandable.   If people learned that on a Council Waiting list the lowest priority were the local people who had no immediate needs, young people who just wanted a house and could boast of no children, or worse, young people who were waiting for a house to start a family, things could get difficult.   What I found as a Councillor was that young girls were happy to remain in the family home until a boyfriend arrived, whom they would not mention, and suddenly they found a way to set up home with him.   Now I have every sympathy with women who have been abused by men, and when the baby arrives they disappear.    But I also knew as most other Councillors that the system was being abused.   I could also mention the large number of married and single mothers who find themselves in a women's shelter because of abuse by a husband or partner.   No mean number.     Now we have the refugee problem, they must also be housed.

Now I am not complaining about the women.    What I am trying to say is that this is the price we paid for rejecting moral standards and being guided by what is call the secular society, where love and commitment have been replaced by self seeking sexual pleasure, and women are seen by men as just bodies to be used.   But there I go again talking about things that politicians do not want to even think about, and of course 'it just happens'.    I have a sympathy with some aspects of the Women's Rights movement, but even they do not advocate love and commitment, they rather prefer to put themselves in a position where they can use men for pleasure, and be what is called 'equal' by the practice of killing babies in the womb, and finding it easier to say it is OK, when surrounded by women who say the same thing.   This is not a breakdown of society, it is rather a breakdown of humanity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'