TODAY I WILL BE VISITING A FRIEND



This afternoon I will be visiting a friend.   He lives as a human in my local Church.    He is the Bread of Life  and lives in the Tabernacle not, as the Church teaches and has been observed from earliest times, just the Spirit of Christ in Bread, as he is in Scripture, but as God made Man, a living being.

Why do I go?   When God became man he was someone that we could relate with.    He has human feelings so when I am sad I can speak to him as someone who has experienced my sadness. when I am joyful he can experience my joy, and when he loves it is not just the love of a Creator for a Creature, it is as someone who has also experienced human love and sits beside me rather than stand above me.     He has experienced human pain and misery so when I am weary and heavy burdened he is there for me.  He is truly my friend.

So many young people need a God like this today, yet they are discouraged from having him as a  friend of their own.       He has often been removed from the altar and you have to search for him.   He might have been put in another room.   The one person they want and need in their lives is denied to them.  

I wil talk to him today about this.   I will tell him of so many young people with broken hearts who need him.   So many young sheep  who were denied his friendship.      Remember the address of Jesus Christ, our God made Man,  it is the nearest Catholic Church.   If you are in despair, if you are frightened about your future, if someone is hurting you, or a child has deserted you then visit him.       "Come you are are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give  your rest"     This God made Man really means this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'