Year of the Bible: The Witness of Jimmy Akin

Pilatr said "so then you are a King?",   Jesus answered "It is you who say that I am a king, I was born for this, I came into the world for this, to bear witness to the truth, and all who are on the side of truth listen to me"   "Truth" said Pilate "What is that".   Matthew 18:37

Jimmy Akin, Author of 'The Fathers know Best' was an Evangelical Minister who following the example of Scott Hahn, began to study the Early church and the Fathers of the Church.  Here is his story in one short paragraph.

"Then, by God's grace, by God's grace my eyes were opened to the problems of  Protestantism.   Without question it was my discover6y of the witness of the early Church Fathers that most opened my heart and mind toward th Catholic Faith.   Fortunately God provided helpers to assist me in finding and working my way through the few available collections of the Fathers, most of which were out of print, and some badly skewed by anti-catholic translators.    Through their witness, the Catholicism of the early Church, it became so obvious that my family and I knew that if we were to FOLLOW THE TRUTH (my capital letters}  then we had no options but to become Catholics."

Thank you, Jimmy, for renewing the Faith of so many of us in the Catholic Church.   Thank you also for reminding us that as Catholics we have an obligation to follow Jesus  in bearing witness to the Truth.

For there will arise many false Christs and prophets who will lead astray many, if possible even the elect".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'