The Reformation

There are two things going on in the Church at the moment which is stretching the imagination.   On the one hand the Society of St Pius X is being wooed back into the mainstream Church.   At the same time the celebration of the Protestant Reformation is being hailed as a victory of Faith.    Indeed burning the candles at both ends is becoming a feature of the modern Church.    It is very difficult to call the German Church Catholic.  It is a failed Church with few people actually interested in attending except for the struggle of a few who have remained loyal to Rome.   The Church nevertpe less is kept alive by a state tax system which seems to pay on a declaration by the taxpayer that he is Catholic.  It is all ver confusing.   This has enabled German Bishops and their minions to gain power in Rome and direct the Church away from Catholicism to Ecumenism.    Indeed as Pope John Paul II said in his room "My power stops at that door' pointing to the exit.   The present Pope Francis is a strange Pope.    On the one hand he welcomes the SSPX as true Catholics but at the same time he welcomes the truths of the Protestant Reformation.
The Reformation contingent of course are blazing their guns at the SSPX because they claim they do not accept the decisions of Vatican II.    Well, I am not a member of the SSPX and I when I studied the documents I saw nothing which contradicted my Catholic Faith.   There were fuzzier however.    How did a statement like 'Those outside the Church who share truths of the Catholic Faith are in an incomplete union with the Catholic Church"      I could not accept this because it means absolutely nothing to me.  I will not call it heretic I just want it explained.   What is 'incomplete union'   Mind you I did receive a reply from some scholars and experts and those who were put in charge of Catechesis.   It means apparently we are all One Church sharing one Faith and the Catholics Church no longer has the right to claim a monopoly of truth.    But try though I did I could not get that meaning from the text.   But in the 1970's Protestants were delighted with this interpretation and flocked into the Church to help us.   We even had a Protestant Vicar invited to tell parishioners about the Bible - because the scholars also said that we were stopped reading it.   I must have dreamed my pre-vatican days when I saw myself with as many as four Catholic Bibles bought in Catholic bookshops.    Of course and Protestants had moved on in every way.  They no longer bothered with fixing questions about Marriage and Divorce and Abotionj, and they wanted Women Priests, and more power.    Of course the teaching that the Church was infallible in Faith and Morals, although it did appear in the document The Dogmatic Constitution on the Church of Vatican Ii, was not spoken of since it would have upset the new arrivals.   In fact it has been forty years since I heard any priest daring to comment to the congregation after reading  :Thou are Peter.........."  that this was the test where Jesus gave the Church Infallibility.   Much safer to stick with 'the Faith of Peter'  and as one lady employed by the Diocese to teach the untruths remarked in one Church  "The Papal Supremacy is int Love not Authority"     This was said and was unopposed although I did say something nobody else did.   They wee too comfortable.
So as you see, we really are al now just Protestants so why should the Pope not go and celebrate the Reformation, Sola Scriptura, Faith saves us not good works, since there are many good priests who now believe it.    Our new Ecumenical Church can define itself so easily.   We are inclusive, you can believe what you like.
But what if we invite the SSPX to be part of us.   Will they celebrate the Reformation.   I do not think so.  They are untralconservative, schismatics, schwines, and everything else.  Well they still have my vote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'