Who is the Teacher in the Diocese? Is it Bishop Doyle or Bishop Egan?

I suppose I am still waiting for the spirit of Vatican 2 to enliven the Church; I say spirit because time has moved on and the letter in some cases is out of date.

I am looking for a Consultative Church; the laity are not children to be told what to do and think but are educated and experienced adults. I seek more autonomy for local Churches over which the Bishop of the Church of Rome presides in love, instead of ruling as a prince, I seek a truly collaborative ministry (ordained and lay); and ordained ministers who are true leaders - presbyters and not a 'cultic' priesthood. And that the Western Church, like the Eastern and Oriental Churches, may recognise that some presbyters may also have the vocation to marriage.

I'd best stop there before I write a book !

The above are two quotes from what the website A Call to Action puts forward as testimonials.   
As you can see they are those who are in dissent with the Catholic Church because they love the Catholic Church.   They have many testimonials which is all about what they want since they are the adults in the church and not stupid people like me.   I have lived through their period of supremacy in the past 50 years in the Diocese of Portsmouth.   Far from fostering a spirit of love and dialogue when they took charge of a parish and many did with the consent of the priest they threw out everything and anything Catholic which they could get away with.   Claiming the Authority of Vatican II they broke down altar rails, put the Blessed Sacrament and the Tabernacle in some place of the altar, sometimes very disrespectfully, and removed the teaching of the Catholic Faith from Catholic Schools by introducing Catechesis which was almost devoid of Catholic teachings.    As thousands of children abandoned the Fatih they looked on disinterestedly while Church attendance plummeted from 2 million in the 60's to just over 700,000 today.   And but from the immigrants from countries such as Poland they number would be fewer.    Chastity was attacked in Catholic Teachers Training Colleges and I attended one to heart a Lesbian Professor telling the would be teachers to ignore the Church teaching on sexuality.    I have never in my life met such bigoted irrational people in my life and not even in the times I spent in Northern Ireland. 

One thing puzzles me.  On their website they claim that a Bishop Peter Doyle is coming to the Portsmouth Diocese to conduct an AC TA meeting on the 27th February.  They claim that this has the approval of Bishop Egan.   I am genuinely puzzled about this.   Why would Bishop Egan allow another Bishop into his Diocese to conduct a meeting which contradicted  the very Catholic Programme he is trying hard to implement in the Diocese.    I find it very puzzling indeed and I think questions should be asked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'