I am a ROMAN Catholic

For those who lived through the days of the Spirit of Vatican II when Christ was introduced as a some kind of social worker only interested in helping the poor, and what kind of a life we lived was of little interest to Him as long as we carried out His social policy, the question that those who remained faithful have asked time and again is why bishops, priests, and dogmatic lay people destroyed our Church    The trouble with the Spirit people is that they believe the poor are there to help them live the faith.   Doctrine becomes an obsolete word, indeed a word they sneer at, and it is only love between person and person that matters.   The teachings of Christ on Marriage and Adultery are also obsolete in that they no longer, they claim, apply to our time and they mutter something about the 'living experience'    Caught up in their 'living experience' they decided that Vatican II had changed the Church to their way of thinking and the 'ignorant' and ' gullible' Catholics who clung to the teachings and authority of the Church had to be educated in the 'New Church' and not be stuck in the past.  Of course they were the ones who were now actively helping the poor and those pre-vatican Catholics did nothing but say prayers and never understood Christ as they did.  
But what service do they really do for the poor?    Let us ask a question.  What is the greatest factor that contributes to poverty in Britain?   Even politicians of all faiths know the answer - it is the breakdown of marriage and the rise of single mothers.   O there I go being judgemental.  Why don't I just love these people as they do?   I do love these mothers  and I also love their children and I will also love their children' children, but what hope do they have for a successful marriage?  Especially when priests talk about broken marriages and successful marriages as an 'Ideal', they do not even recognise there is a problem which their rejection of Christ is causing.   By such language they are fostering poverty in the community.   The next muttering is that we can do nothing.   We must not speak the truth it is hurtful?    If you see someone jump of a bridge do nothing because they have made their choice how culpable are you?
This is a major issue for me.   If I went into a Protestant Church and demanded people pray to Our Lady or instead of a service start the Mass I would not be welcome.   But why do Protestants  believe they can come into the Catholic Church and destroy such things?.  The document Lumen Gentium in Vatican Ii supported Infallibility, the Real Presence, devotion to Our Lady and the Saints and when these people take positions of power and tell Catholics they cannot practice the Catholic Faith, we have reached a position of corruption inside the parishes .  I am not one with such people.  We do not share the same Faith - I am Catholic and they are Anti-Catholic.  We do not go in procession as One in Faith to receive Holy Communion for we do not share the same belief    When I say 'I am a Catholic' and they say 'I am a Catholic' the word Catholic is being abused.  They have their idea of Church, I have mine and all the bullying in the world will not make me one of them.   When I say "...I believe in the Holy Catholic Church.....'  I am not lying to God. No, my kind of Catholicism is Roman Catholicism, I am loyal to the authority and teachings of the Catholic Church - I am a Roman Catholic.

              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'