Protectt the Pope

Protect the Pope is a blog run by Deacon Nick Donnelly of the diocese of Lancaster.   His bishop has asked him to pause for a period of prayer and reflection and this has caused a fury among many faithful Catholics and their grounds is that nobody has asked the members of A Call for Action, a left over group from `The Spirit of Vatican II` who still think they can bully and sneer in order to bring their changes into the Church, to stop for a period of prayer and reflection.   There is no doubt that his exposure of the activities of these people was not welcomed by them and since they still have the support of the majority of the bishops who grew up believing they would soon have a independent English Church, it is not surprising that a conspiracy theory has evolved.   But I think Bishop Campbell of Lancaster is doing the right thing.  I have been sounding off for years against the Spirit of Vatican II and how it destroyed the young people of the Portsmouth Diocese.  I am free to speak my mind because I do not have a ministry, I am not on any committee, I am happy to be ignored, and I follow the teachings of Christ in all things and never put my conscience above the Church.  This gives me security.   Strangely enough if someone had given me a responsibllity I would have shown the expected loyalty to that group and never gone my blogging way.   Which brings me back to Deacon Nick.  He has to bring his ministry to everyone in his parish and should  be seen as detached and open to all. ?  This is the new way of Pope Francis.   Our pathetic Church on his election started with the usual question "Is he Conservative or Liberal?".    He is neither, he is there to serve everyone, which does not mean he is not faithful to the Church.  The Bishop of Lacaster, the Bishop of Shrewsbury and the new Bishop of Portsmouth are obviously faithful to the Church but they are not conducting an anti-liberal position.  When the truths and practices of the Catholic Church are restored it will be by a gentle change, almost unperceptable.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'