On the Difficulties of Defending the Catholic Faith.

 It is very difficult sometimes to keep faithful to the Teachings of Jesus.     Especially when the Church is under attack as it is this moment in Poland,  where EU sanctions are to be put in place if the country does not adopt a gay agenda.    If I agree with Poland I am labelled a fascist bigot, and perhaps like many Catholics in Poland I would rather that the Government just allowed the gays their marches and their pride.    And of course within the Catholic Church there are those who feel more comfortable in this role and would prefer His teachings on adultery and marriage to disappear.   The trouble is that if you disagree with the gay life style it means you hate gays, and this will be the only argument thrown at you.   So perhaps you should say nothing.  I would certainly be happy just to answer "Sex according to Jesus Christ, whom I follow, is against the law of God Whom I follow.    Jesus taught that God made them male and female and a man must cleave to his wife so that they can become one flesh.   Sex outside marriage is wrong.   Does this mean I hate you, I very much do not, for you are a beautiful person created by God"

I do have a young lesbian friend, and the matter does not arise for when we meet, we enjoy the company of each other.   She respects my position and I respect hers, and we do not go into battle mode.

As a Catholic I was appalled by the recent figures on child abuse by priests in France.   Four out of five were on boys of about ten.   So if the Church does not recruit gays to the priesthood then that is OK.   However in America a Cardinal McCarrick, a once leading figure in the Vatican and in America is under 'house arrest' waiting trial for numerous sex attacks on young priests and seminarians.   Other bishops have been accused of such activity and cover ups, spending thousands of dollars of parishioners money on defence lawyers.   the figures from the population in general is eighty per cent girls and twenty per cent boys.    In the Catholic Church it is sixty per cent boys and forty per cent girls.

But as you see I am warning of the dangers inherent in hving gay clergy.    What I must say now is that do not jump to the conclusion that I am saying every gay is a homosexual.   There are gays I like, such as Elton John, and I remember a programme on TV about two gays living together who decided to turn their home into a place where they managed handicap children.  As the figures I quoted show I am more interested in protecting children from pedophile priests.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'