A Courteous Reply to a Project I Still Think Worthwhile

 Having abandoned temporarily the project I had been involved in concerning the Mother of God, which I will not name  for fear of Google picking it up, I was surprised when I went into my search engine and found a headline telling me why I was the only one digging.    The firm were happy that they had taken the stained glass windows and done a wonderful job of cleaning and restoring them and there was no stain glassed window of the kind I had mentioned, and as they asked 'Why was I the only one who was digging?    Now I knew very well that they never worked on that stained glass window.    It is certainly true that the windows were thrown into the river well after the Reformation, but I also knew that the stained glass window I referred to, was not one of them.

It was all about the Reformation period, it was at this time that the image of Our Lady was removed from the Chapel and that of St Bidolph put in its place.   Lord Sandys had commissioned these windows before the Reformation and put them in place, but after the Reformation, it had been quickly removed for Henry had now a terrible hatred for Our Lady and Lord Sandys knew at once, since Henry frequently visited the Vyne, that the stained glass window had to be removed and he removed it with haste.  But we know that the stained glass window exists for when I looked at the stained glass windows on the computer at the Vyne there were many others which were certainly not in the Vyne.    But very close after the end of the Vyne windows there was the particular stained glass window I was interested in.

So there is a stained glass window which is in existence matching the one I am looking for, but as I was asked "Why am I the only one who is digging?"    I am digging because it exists and I have a photo of it, and I want to know its history. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'