On the Enemy Within and their Hate of Mary

 As the battle for an ecumenical Church rather than a One Faith Catholic Church continues, let us turn again to the most detested figure by the extreme ecumenists - Mary the Mother of God.

Again from the Early Church we have the description of Mary as the 'New Eve'.   I have covered this in earlier blogs for anyone who is interested in the Truth, rather than sharing self opinions based on prejudice.    The Church did not define Mary as the New Eve nor was there any discussions, like the 'flesh of Jesus' this was part of the Revelation of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.  St Paul wrote that Jesus was the New Adam and since His flesh was the flesh of the New Eve, it was accepted that she 'who was conceived full of grace' as the Angel Gabriel witnessed, was the New Eve.   The Early Fathers described her as the Eve, who unlike the old Eve who fell from Grace after being tempted by Satan, remained faithful and sinless.    When therefore the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception was announced in 1854, it was not something the Catholic Church had made  up, but a doctrine that was there from the very beginning.   When Jesus therefore addresses Mary as 'Woman' rather than 'Mother', he was relating her to the Woman in Genesis, "I will put enmity between thee and the Woman and thy seed and her seed",  he was pointing out to those who care, even in the 21st Century, that Mary was the enemy of the serpent.   Her seed was Himself, the Son of God, and this title was soon added to Mary at the Council of Ephesus, Mary the Mother of God.   So Genesis  puts Mary at the very heart of he fight against Satan and Sin, with her Son Jesus.

Now the Catholic Church did not break away from any other denomination.    The doctrines she teaches go back in an unbroken line to the Early Apostles.    It is a scandal that so many Catholics do not value Mary.    I heard a conversation once where someone was boasting of her love for Mary "... not the Catholic Mary, but Mary Magdalen...       I had an experience some years ago, there was a meeting organised by a parish which caused me a great deal of sorrow.   It was a meeting on Mary which I attended.   There were people there who never usually attend such events which surprised me at first but only at first.     It was very dull really since nobody seemed to want to say anything, though I think I mumbled something now and again, but since I had never studied the early Church I contributed little.    Did I mention that the Catholic Church is not  'sola scriptura', a bible only Church but relies also on tradition, that is it also, in reading the bible, is mindful of the interpretations of the Early Church and the teachings of the early Church.    But the meeting did wake up for a couple of minutes when talking about the apparitions of Our Lady, someone, looking at me, declared that all the children involved had just made it all up.   Others joined in with 'noises of approval' and someone cried out "The Cult of Mary is keeping women in the East in slavery"   I suppose they had just been waiting for someone to rally them and that was the only interesting moment in the whole evening.     Stunned for the moment I replied "You are all stupid" which brought down on me the sneer that is always reserved when I contradict the elite.     Though told off by someone also in attendance  I did not apologise.     Can any rational being seriously put forward that three children aged 10, 8, and 7, managed to persuade 70,000 people that they had just seen the sun dancing in the sky, then been terrified when it started falling  to earth.   This miracle had been announced in advance and anti-catholic journalists were present.   None of them in writing for their journals afterwards denied what they had seen.   So I am sorry, I cannot apologise.     That an anti-catholic rally had taken place organised by people claiming to be Catholic, caused me great concern.    Whereas I must pray for my enemies and respect them as Children of God, I am most certainly not required to respect their opinions, especially when their opinions are contrary to the teachings of Jesus and  to the Church, and  doing harm to the Catholic Faith of the children in the Catholic Church.  How dare they presume that they have the right to destroy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'