Reforming the Church.

Another document has been drawn up by 'experts' appointed by the Vatican.    Now whenever I hear the word 'expert' it makes me freeze.   "O not again" I say to myself.    I remember too well in the 60's and 70's all the 'experts' who were sent around the parishes to give them the benefit of their expertise and therefore unquestionable teaching on matters Catholic.    There was  the gentleman who went around the parishes with his book which unleashed the gullibility of lay catholics who apparently believed the priest changed the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ.  We were so stupid. I even heard someone insulting the parishioners by telling them "It is Hocus Pocus"   I must say that was an insult too far and I was furious.    "Hocus Pocus' was used as an insult to Catholics by Cranmer at the Reformation for daring to believe in Transubstantiation.    Then there were the two ladies who gave us this information at a meeting inside a Church.   "The Pope's supremacy is in Love and not Authority".   I could not object, for I did not have any idea what they were talking about, nor did they.   I will not dwell too much on altar raise being removed 'so that we are not divided from God' when it was in fact to stop people kneeling and adoring Jesus when receiving Holy Communion, and forcing them to stand was a bonus against adoration.   Anyway my Parish for some reason did not move the Blessed Sacrament from the Altar, or put it into some kind of safe, or in another room.   We were blessed.   What the Reformers wanted was concentration on God and not Jesus.   Then God could be redefined in a Universal way.

Getting back to the 'experts' in Rome, they want us to 'evangelise'.    After they had changed the Catechism in the 70's for children in schools. they ensured that the final blow was  that in Catholic Primary Schools the Blessed Sacrament would not be mentioned.   Even in parishes, preparation for Holy Communion excluded references of the presence of Jesus, for as one expert told us "They are too young to understand"    I think my final clutch at sanity was destroyed when after a course run by a nun in which all the teachings of the Church were rejected, a leading catechist got up and said "The Church will have to change its teachings on Abortion, Divorce and Contraception"  almost stamping her feet.    The expert nun smiled and another catechist told me that it was the Holy Spirit.    I said nothing, because I truly had been struck dumb.     While this was going on there was also a great demand for Evangelisation.    It was probably due then to the fact that so many catholics were abandoning the Church, especially the young people who had experienced the new Catechesis, and the Diocese was finding it hard to keep going financially, especially since the bill for the spreading of the New Church was £2million per year.   One lay person was on £60 thousand.
 Why am I bringing this up now.   I would say that I have never stopped bringing it up and I never will.   I am asking what the Church is going to tell people in this supposed evangelisation.    Will it be conducted by 'experts' telling people not to listen to what other people say, they have the truth because they thought it out for themselves.   Or will it be Catholics who are described as 'rigid', who believe every word that Jesus said on Adultery, Marriage, Divorce and believe when he speaks about love, it was how the Church could build a society based on Love.   A society that was based on sacrifice and commitment rather than picking and choosing the teachings of Jesus that fitted into any life style.  "He that heareth you, heareth  me" said Jesus "BUT HE WHO DESPISES YOU,  DESPISES ME"    It is a foolish person who believes that as a Catholic, he is entitled to his own beliefs and can follow his 'own conscience' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'