Evangelisation; He ascended into Heaven..

...He ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the Right Hand of the Father, and He will come again in glory to judge the Living and the Dead.....

So we have moved on now to talk about the Last Judgement.   I must confess that the Last Judgement  is not one I look forward to in any way whatsoever.   Jesus will show us the real picture of our lives, how we treated others, how we used others to sin, how we judged and belittled others, how we lied to ourselves.   Well perhaps not everyone will be judged that way for there are good souls in the world, but I am not one of them.     I cannot comment on the judgment of anyone nor would I try for I am t be judged.   Now anyone, who when I die wants to put me forward for canonisation, will find a lot of obstacles in the way.   He will find what is called 'the sins of my youth' when I turned my back on God and was guilty not just of sin, but of very grevious ones.   I was not the person inside whom people judged from the outside.   Although I was given a 'miracle of grace' I am still very far from he person whom God wants me to be.    I will probably find that those whom I frequently judge and quarrel with were closer to God than I ever was.    I dread my life being laid bear for everyone to see.  But then maybe that is what I need.   Perhaps when the real me is presented and I cannot contradict, I will find forgiveness.    It could be that the Last Judgement is all about this.   The shame I feel will move me closer to God, whose love for me will also be laid bear, and like the thief on the Cross I will recognise my sins and in doing so be found worthy of the Kingdom of Heaven.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'