The Humble God

O Jesus I believe your words that change the bread and wine
Into your Body and your Blood, both human and Divine
What mighty wonders here on earth or in the stars above
Compare to this, the humble God who gives Himself in love

But who am I, do I deserve this love you give  to me 
I call you Lord, I call you God, but never bend my knee
I take your when my heart is cold and I am stained with sin
How little do I understand the holiness within.

You come to me despite  my faults and feeble as I am                                        You come to be a shepherd to a lost and lonely lamb
Then put me in your fold of love that I can spend my days
Just knowing you and trusting you and lost in prayer and praise

O take my heart its yours my Lord, and from this moment on
I vow to mend my sinful ways till heaven I have won
And all my prayers and all my works and all I say and do
Are treasures when my life is done that I will give to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'