The Sadness of Mary

Sometimes I wish I had been a Catholic at some other time rather than today, a time when the Church was united in the teachings of Jesus Christ and we all were on fire to spread the truths of Jesus and change the world to the Kingdom of Christ.   I did have that zeal when I was young, I wanted people so much to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ    I wanted to protect them from sin and hell.   I wanted them to love God with all their hearts and souls, and I wanted them to experience the love of Our Mother Mary.

But where is that fire now.   Yes, I try to kindle it again but I find myself being seen as controversial if I try to do anything of that kind.   If I kneel for Communion I am judged.   If I receive on the tongue I am old fashioned.  If I confess my belief for all that the Church teaches I am stuck in the past while others have 'moved on'   I watched the exodus of so many children from the Church and I cried out but was silenced.   If I dared to contradict false catechesis I was smeared at.

But all is not lost.   I have found the message of Our Lady of Fatima.   It was late in life although I knew of her message as a child.  I just did not listen.   If I am sad then how much sadness must Our Lady feel.   She prays constantly for her children but like myself they do not listen.  They do not even want her.

May we learn to love Mary the way that God wants her to be loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'