My Christmas Carol

O  Mother I was walking past a stable and I saw
A tiny little baby in a little bed of straw
The mother turned and smiled at me so how could I pass them by
I thought that I would cheer the child or sing a lullaby

The baby was so beautiful, I tried so hard to please
But then I felt a surge of love  and fell upon my knee
And I just knelt in wonder as I heard the Angels sing
May peace on earth be with you child for this is Christ your KIng.

And then some shepherds came inside for they had heard the song
They said he was the saviour they had waited for so long
I did not understand the things that they were speaking of
I just kept looking in those eyes that filled me with such love

The mother`s name was Mary and she kissed me on the cheek
"It`s little children just like you my little boy will seek"
And then she lifted up the child and filled me with such joy
As in my tiny little arms she placed her little baby boy















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'