MY DREAM

I saw sweet Jesus kneeling in the Garden
I saw the tears that glistened on his face
I heard him ask the Father for my pardon
And that of all this sinful human race
I watched the angry crowd of men surround him
"Is this the one we seek" their voices hiss
I heard my own voice answer "Yes, we`ve found hm"
I watched myself betray him with a kiss

I saw what pain he suffered as they scourged him
With every stroke his eyes were dimmed with tears
He did not cry for mercy as they urged him
For every stroke atoned for sinful years
And as he stood there suffering this violence
I pleaded with the soldiers "Set him free"
But suddenly my voice was lost i silence
I saw the soldier scourging him was me.

A purple cloak of shame the soldiers lent him
And vowed that they would give this King a crown
They gathered thorns to torture and torment him
Which deep into his skull they hammered down
I saw the blood pour out like gushing rivers
His head became a cushion for their pins
The thought came and the cold night made me shiver
That every thorn was fashioned by my sins

The Cross of wood was placed upon his shoulders
Three times he fell beneath the heavy load
But whipped along and spat upon by soldiers
He made his way along that lonely road
"Is this the great Messiah" they were calling
"Is this the our noble King."they cried aloud
His love for me had brought him to this falling
But I just stood there laughing with the crowd.

Upon the Cross of wood the soldiers nailed him
Then raised him high for everyone to see
Abandoned now, so many friends had failed him
He cried "MyGod, have you forsaken me?"
And then he whispered "Father please forgive them
They know not of the evil path they trod"
The sinful heart within me dies there with him
As on my knees I look upon my God

I hear a cry of anguish piercing heaven
As angry nature turns the day to night
Into his mothers arms the Christ is given
Can any heart be still at such a sight
She looks at me this woman full of sorrow
Alas, no words of comfort can I say
O Mother will you smile on me tomorrow
And help me find forgiveness for today

The Cross of Christ now stands there in its glory
A thing of shame and yet a thing of pride
For on its wood was played this awesome story
That God made man for us was crucified
And still so thankless is the world we live in
So filled with hate and killing, war and pain
And every day he whispers "Please forgive them"
And every day is crucified again.















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'