In Praise of Mary




Despite the bumps at the beginning of my home video, this is worth listening to.

The Angel bowed before the holy maid, "Fear not O highly favoured one
For God has chosen you so full of grace to be the mother of His son

Ave Maria

The maid was overcome with doubt and fear, "I know not man how can this be
When I am mother of the promised one, I trust that God will be with me

Ave Maria

The Spirit He will overshadow you, and in your womb his seed will dwell
And when the time has come to born the child, His name will be Emmanuel

Ave Maria

The maiden whispered "Let His will be done, according to His Holy Word
And I rejoice that He has chosen me, I am the handmaid of the Lord"

Ave Maria

She gave him life she gave him joy and love, she shared his pain and misery
O Moher of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Please be a mother now to me

Ave Maria


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'