A Child Will Welcome Me.

I see so much unhappiness and tears Lord
So many children hurting and alone
I want so much to take away their fears Lord
And fill them with a love they’ve never known
If I could take your cross upon my shoulder
I’d gladly walk the road to Calvary
And maybe some will say when they are older
He died with Jesus just for love of me

And there are children living far away Lord
Who hunger just for water and for bread
While I enjoy a meal three times a day Lord
Their little bodies waste until they’re dead
O hold those children very close to you Lord
In some way make their little lives worthwhile
You know there s nothing that I wouldn't  do Lord
If I could help just one of them to smile.

Perhaps there’ll be a better world tomorrow
When love will reign and every one will share
With those who live in need and those in sorrow
Who never thought that anyone would care
You said that little children are in Heaven
For such as these such happiness should be
And though I know how little I have given
Perhaps one day a child will welcome me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'