THE ANTI-CHRIST AT WALSINGHAM..

Having reported the wonderful things about my trip to meet Our Lady of Walsingham I must turn now with regret to the Anti-Christ who is present in the Basilica at Walsingham.

My story begins in the late 1960's when the first attack on the Real Presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament began.   It came from so called experts, whom priests had started using to go round the parishes starting to impose a New Faith and a New Church on the faithful.    The people loved their priests and were easily persuaded that what the experts were saying to them was  true.   These lay experts from Universities and Colleges told the people that the Church around the 12th century made too much of the Blessed Sacrament ad it was not meant to be adored.     I know that they taught this because I was alive and heard them.   Catholics were easily persuaded because of their trust in the clergy.    Nobody was allowed to point out that from earliest times Hermits had kept the Sacred Species in caves,  monks had carried it on their person, and indeed with the building of monasteries  the Tabernacles or Tents imitating the Ark of the Covenant which contained the tablets of the Word which was kept in a Tent, for Jesus was not Just the Word, but the Word made Flesh.

Suddenly Tabernacles were being removed from the altars, because they were 'liturgically incorrect'  and you dared not ask why because there was no answer, it was just that they said so.    May I just point out that there is no official document or teaching in the Church which required the destruction of Altar rails, or the removal to parish tabernacles, neither fro the Vatican or Vatican II, this was all coming from the local bishops.

So the Tabernacles were removed to a side of the Church and many of the bishops made sure there were no seats facing them in whatever part of the Church they were placed.   The tabernacles were  then removed and small altars were replaced by boxes on the wall or 'safes'.   This had to be done for  some young priests were starting to turn the chairs so that the people could worship.   I call this Anti- Christ for the whole dynamic behind it was to stop personal relationships with Jesus, and feeding the people with a ridiculous idea that they were the Body of Christ, based on the teaching of St Paul, but this has always been interpreted by the Church as the Mystical Body of Christ rather than the real one.     But then 'Father said..'  so who was I, a little nonentity to interfere or question.

So let us return to Walsingham.    I entered the 'Basilica' with my family.    I had promised to sing my hymn  "Mary of England'  to the statue of 'Our Lady of Walsingham" which I did and unimpressed by the Evangelical look of the place I then left.    Then I stopped.   I had missed something.   I walked back in and started moving round the Church because of my poor eyes looking for the Blessed Sacrament.   It was certainly not on the altar which had chairs behind it where a 'pride of bishops' could sit lording it over the people.   I once had had that set up in my own diocese.   Not finding the  Blessed Sacrament I asked two people who were praying if they could show me where it was.     "I am not sure" said the man, but looking around he said "O it is over there, you can see the lamp"   So this man was a Catholic but he certainly had been taught not to come to Church to talk to Jesus in the Tabernacle.   I went over and found the lamp and just at that time a priest appeared and opened a door on the wall whee the lamp was and putting back a host.   Then he closed it and blessed himself.   I restrained myself from asking why he had blessed himself  when he just had hid Jesus in the wall.   There was a small ledge I could just put my knee on so I knelt and prayed for a few minutes before rejoining my family outside.

BUT THIS IS A SHRINE TO OUR LADY.   OUR LADY SEEKS NO GLORY FOR HERSELF.    IN THE STATUE OF OUR LADY OF WALSINGHAM JESUS POINTS TO MARY SAYING "LEARN FROM HER"      MARY IF WE ASK HER WILL LEAD US BACK TO JESUS. AND THAT IS WHAT SHE WANT TO DO IN ALL HER SHRINES.     AND HERE WE HAVE A BASILICA WITH A STATUE OF MARY WHO WANTS TO SHOW US JESUS EXCEPT THAT SHE CANNOT DO SO FOR THE PRIESTS HAVE REMOVED HIM.   SHE IS NOT BESIDE HIM THE WAY HE SHOULD BE.   DO THEY NOT RECOGNISE THAT IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH MARY IS FIRST AND FOREMOST THE MOTHER OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT.

What you should not do of course is to ask why for you get even more puzzling replies.   We are only supposed to worship him in 'Community'      Marvellous    so there is no need to open Catholic Churches during the day..    Now I did not go to Walsigha to swap one community for another.  I went there seeking a personal relationship with Jesus through His Mother Mary.    If the 'basilica'  will only allow me to talk to Jesus a couple of hours a day at 'Adoration' which we know they disapprove of anyway, what was the point of my journey.       If we come back from a pilgrimage full of Mary but having nothing to say about Jesus and how she had brought us closer to Him, we have wasted our  time.

This Basilica is being run by the Westminster Diocese.   One of the best things they can do is hand over the control of the Shrine to the local bishop.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'