The Angel of Fatima and the Blessed Sacrament


When I was a young boy of 7 years I believed in the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.  I did not use any intellectual faculties to do so I simply walked into the Church with my Class one day and saw the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the monstrance.  The sanctuary was filled with countless  candles and flowers and it was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.   When the priest told me that the altar was decorated this way because in the monstrance that little piece of bread was Jesus.   I trusted him and I believed.  I believed as I look back and try to rationalise that it must be because why else would my mother and father and all the parishioners and the priest make the showing of the host such a wonderful affair.

At Fatima an Angel appeared to the children.  He carried a chalice and above it a host.  The host was dripping blood into the Chalice and then leaving them suspended he repeated a prayer three times when prostrate on the ground.   "Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly, I offer Thee the most precious, Body, Blood, Souls and Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ really and truly present in every Tabernacle of the world in reparation for the countless outrages, sacrileges and indifference's by which He is offended, and through the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and of the immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg Thee to convert poor sinners."

He then rose from his prostrate position and gave Lucia the host, then he gave the chalice to Jacinta and Francesco.  He then vanished.   "You got Communion" Francisco said to Lucia, but what did we receive?"   The young Jacinta told him.  "WE also received Communion.  Did you not see the blood dripping into the chalice?"    "I knew it was God in me" Francesco replied, "but I did not know how it was"

So all of the children received Jesus and they knew they had because it was something that the Angel had made very special.   He had prostrated himself before the living God, he had said a prayer which told of his love and devotion to this the greatest gift of God, and had reminded the children that the Host was not always received in such a way and we must ask for the forgiveness of those who do not receive with sufficient reverence or if I may be excused a rude word "Do not give a damn"

So when we go to Mass on Sunday and observe how people are taking Holy Communion, What do we see?  Then what should we see.

The three children also spent hours before the Blessed Sacrament praying for the forgiveness of sins.  How much time do we spend?   Is our God not worthy of such love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translation of Luke 1: 28 in the Latin Vulgate by St Jerome.

FAIR AS THE MOON, BRIGHT AS THE SUN, TERRIBLE AS AN ARMY SET IN BATTLE ARRAY

The meaning of 'virgo Immaculata'